Having trouble staying motivated in the cold weather? Here’s how I’ve been staying motivated with my fitness goals. You can apply these tips to other areas of your life, too.
- Change up your workouts. I’ve been doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) training at home. They're challenging and keep me entertained!
- Workout with a friend. This is always a great way to stay motivated, but it’s even more important to keep each other accountable in the cold.
- Have a reward or treat ready for after your run. Sometimes that’s the only thing that will push me out the door.
- Embrace the adventure! I hate the cold, REALLY hate the cold, but I love running in the cold. It’s always an adventure and makes me feel like I’m toughening myself up.
- Participate in a challenge or fitness program. There are a million different fitness challenges taking place on Instagram or check out Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide (BBG) if you’re looking for something more structured. She has a new app, Sweat with Kayla, as well.
- Sign up for classes. I started doing kickboxing classes where you have to sign up for the class ahead of time. Once I’m signed up, it’s a scheduled commitment and I have to go.
- Fuel yourself with green tea. It’ll give you that extra kick of motivation. I drink it 30 minutes before I go running or workout.
- Do it for the Insta. If all else fails, workout so you can post a picture on Instagram and motivate your friends to workout, too.
Hope that helps! Remember what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! But BE SAFE!!